Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Onoto Da La Rue Pens.



Inkyways

Recommended Posts

L1046500-1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

L1046499-1.jpgI

 

 

 

I thought to open a thread on ONOTO PENS. Just show your Onoto pens and perhaps some writing samples to inspire us and what is your thought when you found this classic rare pen.

I have several pens and I am going to post my writing experience with these amazing pens ,soon later.

 

The pens are on the left hand side of this image is my Vintage collection

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Makar

    5

  • WhiteStarPens

    6

  • Inkyways

    11

  • como

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • 3 months later...

Here is a modern Onoto Magna in Victory Pinstripe honouring Sir Winston Churchill. I painted an old Onoto advert onto anIMG_8646.thumb.jpg.b8a2f146253025bffc7f7fe6aee6461d.jpg Ikea white mug for the fun of it 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The beauty and depth of the materials of old Onoto and De La Rue pens is hard to capture in photographs. I’ve got two and they’re breathtaking. The photo below doesn’t even begin to capture it.

 

8607DAFD-FB31-440E-AC45-1598F59F7B1C.thumb.jpeg.5d889edce3698b09a9a52fed0de20773.jpeg

 

The vac-filling 5603 on the left has a #3 mini-stub, the lever-filling De La Rue on the right has a very soft needlepoint XF. Nibs like these... wow. Concerns? They’re not practical, everyday pens. They’re very wet and tend to splatter or burp when subjected to mild shocks or temperature changes. For home use only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some say these early Onotos are finicky and hard to get used to. Not so in the case of this well-behaved centenarian - a quarter of a turn is all it takes for the perfect ink flow.

 

This is my oldest working fountain pen and one of my best writers. 

 

 

IMG_20210206_154305.jpg

IMG_20210206_154104__01.jpg

IMG_20210206_154050__01__01.jpg

W.S.P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My pleasure, I'm sure a writing sample of your needle points will go down very well too! 

59 minutes ago, TheDutchGuy said:

^—Totally awesome! Thanks for sharing.

 

W.S.P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I was completely lost my track to the forum here👌 I am back,

I thought it was somebody's conspiracy to kick me out. 

But I see a new decorations every where so Now I see why??

 

By the way I have  one more ONOTO The la rue Pen just bought today it is coming next week to my collection.

I am very happy 🤠

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 11:27 PM, soapytwist said:

1921 Sterling Silver Onoto 3000

1937 Onto Magna

Early 1930s Onoto

c1895 Pelican

 

 

spacer.png

 

On 1/30/2021 at 12:17 PM, como said:

Here is a modern Onoto Magna in Victory Pinstripe honouring Sir Winston Churchill. I painted an old Onoto advert onto anIMG_8646.thumb.jpg.b8a2f146253025bffc7f7fe6aee6461d.jpg Ikea white mug for the fun of it 😀

 

On 1/30/2021 at 11:25 AM, WhiteStarPens said:

Just thought I'd keep the ball rolling here! 

Any thoughts on the vintage Magna?

IMG_20210130_112310__01.jpg

 

2 minutes ago, Cjayant said:

I was completely lost my track to the forum here👌 I am back,

I thought it was somebody's conspiracy to kick me out. 

But I see a new decorations every where so Now I see why??

 

By the way I have  one more ONOTO The la rue Pen just bought today it is coming next week to my collection.

I am very happy 🤠

 

On 2/6/2021 at 11:27 PM, soapytwist said:

1921 Sterling Silver Onoto 3000

1937 Onto Magna

Early 1930s Onoto

c1895 Pelican

 

 

spacer.png

 

On 2/6/2021 at 4:24 PM, WhiteStarPens said:

Some say these early Onotos are finicky and hard to get used to. Not so in the case of this well-behaved centenarian - a quarter of a turn is all it takes for the perfect ink flow.

 

This is my oldest working fountain pen and one of my best writers. 

 

 

IMG_20210206_154305.jpg

IMG_20210206_154104__01.jpg

IMG_20210206_154050__01__01.jpg

 

On 1/31/2021 at 3:53 PM, TheDutchGuy said:

The beauty and depth of the materials of old Onoto and De La Rue pens is hard to capture in photographs. I’ve got two and they’re breathtaking. The photo below doesn’t even begin to capture it.

 

8607DAFD-FB31-440E-AC45-1598F59F7B1C.thumb.jpeg.5d889edce3698b09a9a52fed0de20773.jpeg

 

The vac-filling 5603 on the left has a #3 mini-stub, the lever-filling De La Rue on the right has a very soft needlepoint XF. Nibs like these... wow. Concerns? They’re not practical, everyday pens. They’re very wet and tend to splatter or burp when subjected to mild shocks or temperature changes. For home use only.

 

On 1/30/2021 at 12:17 PM, como said:

Here is a modern Onoto Magna in Victory Pinstripe honouring Sir Winston Churchill. I painted an old Onoto advert onto anIMG_8646.thumb.jpg.b8a2f146253025bffc7f7fe6aee6461d.jpg Ikea white mug for the fun of it 😀

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 4:24 PM, WhiteStarPens said:

Some say these early Onotos are finicky and hard to get used to. Not so in the case of this well-behaved centenarian - a quarter of a turn is all it takes for the perfect ink flow.

 

This is my oldest working fountain pen and one of my best writers. 

 

 

IMG_20210206_154305.jpg

IMG_20210206_154104__01.jpg

IMG_20210206_154050__01__01.jpg

This is a beautiful  pen

I ended up buying  another pen like this yesterday and it is well restored with a  new piston washer  and a cork the seller promised. I am happy to receive it soon. The whole love for ONOTO IS THE BEAUTY OF THE QUALITY OF THE NIB AND IT'S CHARACTERISTIC  WRITING.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picked up this Onoto 49 hooded nib P51 style pen. Rolled gold cap with relatively cheap feeling plastic body and bar fill. I'm assuming this is post Strathendry and probably from Australia. Can't find anything about it. Any clues as to its place in the Onoto world? 

Screenshot_20210217_201832_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

 

John Muir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@MakarIs your Onoto a K series pen made in the 1950s? Does it have a piston? The K1, K2, K3, K4 pens had hooded nib, slip-on cap like Parker 51 but with pistons with prices on the barrel. May I ask what does it say on the barrel please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a cheap onoto penmaster with a semi hooded nib. Nib is unfortunately out of place and needs to be sorted out :(.
Sadly it is unrestored and is missing parts of the cap (missing the top screw and clip :()

IMG_20210218_110057.thumb.jpg.f8715bb7164de2ec7acabdac4124af59.jpg
IMG_20210218_110018.thumb.jpg.f7b6c9b26e58a2d89bde861b6d93ef60.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should have said it is definitely not a K series - I know those pens. As noted above it is not a piston filler but an aerometric style bar filler. On the barrel is stamped Onoto 49 and nib size M. That's it. 

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.

 

John Muir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now







×
×
  • Create New...