Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Cross Customer Service Failure

Herringsnatcher

I returned a Cross Townsend for warranty repair or replacement over a month ago and have not received any feedback or acknowledgment from them yet.

I also sent them an email seeking an update on 10/22 and received any kind of response - not even automated.  They don't answer the phone and the websites

"contact us" form does not work at all.  They clearly don't want customer interaction.  In contrast, I have written to several other companies during the past year

and almost always get prompt, clear responses.  It would not surprise me if Cross goes out of business soon - everything is out of stock.  Most likely explanation is 

because it is all made in China, which means it is all cheaply made.  

Has anyone else had this kind of experience and are there any work arounds?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill P

• trickydicky

• A Smug Dill

• Herringsnatcher

Sorry, this comment makes no sense.

"Most likely explanation is  because it is all made in China, which means it is all cheaply made.  "

That comment above has NOTHING to do with Cross Customer Service.

The Cross Pens made in China have been outstanding....as an example is the Cross Peerless...a Great Pen.

It is unfortunate that You are very frustrated due to be unable to communicate your issue with Cross....totally understand...and I feel your frustration.  

Send an email, continue to telephone, and be persistent, I have been very satisfied with Cross Customer Service during the Pandemic....

Bill P.

The Townsend Rollerball was originally gifted to me my my employer for my 10 year employment anniversary gift.  

It has been replaced once already for similar quality issues.  This would be twice.  

Interestingly, I have a Townsend fountain pen that was made in Ireland and it is much more solidly made and has never had quality issues.

I don't have any experience with the Peerless and perhaps it is a great pen.  It appears to have a great reputation.

Unfortunately our opinions differ, but that does not mean that my observations on the Townsend are incorrect.

By the way, making a quality product has EVERYTHING to do with customer service.

I will not be replying further, but could not let your comments pass.  Sorry.

oh oh  ive just ordered a peerless. hopefully the made in china thing is only related to stock, as i think your email suggested, and not to quality, as i have read many good reviews on them  even my local pen dealer, who sells every brand under the sun and is quite critical usually, was highly praiseworthy of them

@trickydicky The single best thing about the Cross Peerless 125 is its nib, which is made by Sailor Pen (in Japan). The F nib on mine is of the same good quality as I've come to expect of Sailor gold nibs. I haven't found anything wrong with the pen body qualitatively, in the short time I spent with mine; but I just can't stand the shape of the gripping section and consequently ergonomics of the whole pen, so I handed it over to my wife to take into her fleet of pens. I therefore cannot say how competent its cap is at preventing ink evaporation; cap sealing effectiveness is certainly one of the three most important things I look at in a pen.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.