Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Is this an Omas Milord or Paragon ?

kavanagh

Dear Colleagues,

Can you help identify whether this is an Omas Milord or Paragon and whether this is the new style or old style?.

I've measured the length and its approximately 14.5cm with the cap on and is shaped with 12 facets. 

It doesn't say anywhere in the box or leaflets what the model is.

I attach pictures below.

Thank you guys.

P1070359.JPG

P1070368.JPG

P1070371.JPG

P1070382.JPG

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kavanagh

• esteroids

• como

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, como said:

New style Milord.

Thank you guys. Can I ask, in regards to popularity and collectability, where does this rank among the other models ?

Also, is my model a piston filler or do I unscrew the body and insert a converter?.

Because this is a non-celluloid, non-demonstrator, non LE resin, I  almost certain that it’s a c/c. 

Popularity/collectibility: I would say that it goes behind celluloid and demo. As far as the styles, it’s really a matter of personal preference. I find both old and new Milord and Paragon attractive, with my preference leaning more towards the old style. That’s just me.

1 hour ago, como said:

Because this is a non-celluloid, non-demonstrator, non LE resin, I  almost certain that it’s a c/c. 

Popularity/collectibility: I would say that it goes behind celluloid and demo. As far as the styles, it’s really a matter of personal preference. I find both old and new Milord and Paragon attractive, with my preference leaning more towards the old style. That’s just me.

Como, your right. I checked it and its a converter filler. 

Out of curiosity, if I was offered a new boxed Omas Milord Fountain Pen ( Old Style piston filler with a gold medium nib), how much do you think a good price to pay for it is ?.

9 hours ago, kavanagh said:

Como, your right. I checked it and its a converter filler. 

Out of curiosity, if I was offered a new boxed Omas Milord Fountain Pen ( Old Style piston filler with a gold medium nib), how much do you think a good price to pay for it is ?.

Hard to say. I've seen these going for very different prices of +/- €100 difference. Maybe around €300. Depending on reputable dealer vs known private seller vs unknown private seller. Condition and also the nib (to me is important, softer is better of course).

12 minutes ago, como said:

Hard to say. I've seen these going for very different prices of +/- €100 difference. Maybe around €300. Depending on reputable dealer vs known private seller vs unknown private seller. Condition and also the nib (to me is important, softer is better of course).

Como, is that €300 Euros or pounds Stirling ?.

I’ve been offered a new one for around $700 dollars ( which is excessive ). 

17 minutes ago, kavanagh said:

Como, is that €300 Euros or pounds Stirling ?.

I’ve been offered a new one for around $700 dollars ( which is excessive ). 

€ - Euro. $700 no no no 😀

7 minutes ago, como said:

€ - Euro. $700 no no no 😀

como, how much was the retail price of the Omas Milord piston filler when it first came out ?. 
I have to say, when I handled this cc filler, I am impressed - it’s quite light, even though it appears from its build, that it has a heft - which it doesn’t. 

2 hours ago, kavanagh said:

como, how much was the retail price of the Omas Milord piston filler when it first came out ?. 
I have to say, when I handled this cc filler, I am impressed - it’s quite light, even though it appears from its build, that it has a heft - which it doesn’t. 

The Omas new Milord piston fillers are different - they are usually celluloid, demonstrators, or some kind of LE. The prices of new Milord c/c and piston fillers are not directly comparable as the materials used are different, not just filling systems. www.omas.com still has some old prices you can check.